What We Believe
Here at Hope, we like to celebrate the BIG CONCEPTS that we agree on. Far too often, it seems, we as believers can find ourselves divided over finer points of theology and doctrine… and we think that’s so sad. We want to be a part of building up His Kingdom, not dividing it down.
With that in mind, here’s where we’re at as a church…
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is infallible and authoritative in the original writings.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His substitutionary death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit are essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is the Body of Christ, composed of all who are regenerated through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.