We’re really excited to have the opportunity to meet together for our weekly worship services! We’ve spent lots of time putting these thoughts together, and we want you to know the following information regarding our services!
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- ADJUSTED WORSHIP HOURS- Our in-person service times are 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 am at Main Campus and 9:30 and 11:00 am at North Campus.
- STAY SAFE- If you’re experiencing any symptoms that are common to the COVID-19 virus, please keep yourself safe (and everyone else safe) by remaining at home for worship.
- ONLINE SERVICE- We encourage all people age 65 and older as well as those with underlying at-risk health conditions to remain at home to enjoy our online services which will continue to be posted by 11:00 am on the church website, YouTube, Facebook and the Hope Church app.
- KIDS- We aren’t yet able to host children’s ministry classes (those return on August 16!), so plan for your entire family to sit together during the service with parents keeping a watchful eye to ensure appropriate distances. It might be a great idea to put together a “church bag” with some activities for your younger members to remain engaged during the service. Rest assured– we ALL understand if some of our younger attenders experience a learning curve as they sit in the services with us!
- LIFEBUILDERS CLASSES- Several adult classes have resumed on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am, but others have chosen to hold off a bit longer. Please contact your teacher to get the latest updates on class plans.
WHEN YOU GET HERE:
- FACE COVERINGS- You’ll see our staff members and volunteers utilizing masks in our public foyer areas until they are seated for worship. We recommend that those who attend our worship services wear masks when entering our building until they reach their seats, at which time they may choose to wear their masks or remove them. Likewise, when leaving and fellowshipping, we’re encouraging our people to continue to wear masks.
- Those leading in worship or teaching from the platform will be appropriately spaced apart, but not be required to wear a mask. When they are in the public venues of the church building, however, they will join the rest of us in wearing face coverings.
- We recognize that there are strong opinions on the use of masks on both sides of this issue. As a desire to “submit one to another out of reverence to Christ” (Ephesians 5:21), scripture also charges us to “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.” (Phil 2:3-4) So we will endeavor to think the best of others and see our security in Christ as an opportunity to serve not only each other but also our community.
- GREETERS- We’re happy to serve you by opening the exterior doors as you arrive and depart the facility.
- DISTANCE- Please help us by maintaining appropriate distance from other family units who have chosen to attend.
- HAND SANITIZER- We have hand sanitizer readily available, and we encourage you to use it as you enter the building.
- SEATING- We’ve carefully spaced out seating options in the various venues to encourage appropriate distance between family units.
- GREETING- We’ve stepped away from our typical greeting time for a spell. Waving or head nods should take the place of hand shaking for the foreseeable future.
- COFFEE- We aren’t currently serving coffee, but you’re welcome to bring your own travel mug from home.
AS YOU LEAVE:
- TITHES & OFFERINGS- We are receiving tithes and offerings at the exits of the worship venues. You don’t have to pass the plate/bucket… our ushers are happy to hold those for you as you walk past as you leave.
- DEPARTING- We love you, and we’re THRILLED to see you again! But we kindly ask you to exit the worship venues and the facility in good measure so that we have time to prepare for the next service.
- SANITIZING- We sanitize the worship venues after each of the service hours.